This is some discussion we had on the yahoo group, I m member of. So thought of posting it here. Please do comment if anybody has better logic for the topic
Surya :
Ok thats not what i was talking ... I saw a documentry some time back which said that Attis, Mithras, Osiris, Dionysus, Hercules, and many other gods predate Jesus and they bear a striking resemblance to him. The similarities include: healing the sick, casting out demons, eating the flesh and blood of the savior, remaining dead for three days, then rising, and lots more.
So I personally feel that christian religion being the one of the newest has a lot visible ambiguity ,..... I probably think that may u cannot really find a lot of such ambiguity in hindu religion because one that it always had a sense of unity and a lot of ppl dint do tampering with it ... and second that it is so old that most of the things cannot be even talked on the logical basis and can be debated based on spritual thing .. Because human mind is capable of digging the past only to certain extent.
SID : I think the guy you're referring to is John the Baptist. He was actually one of the people who said Jesus was the Son of God. Additionally, Jesus himself said that he was the son of God and King of the Jews. Finally the manner of his death, i.e. the crucifixtion and the things he said even after he was condemned to death made a lot of believers.
And there are actualy many many versions of the bible. These are called Gospels and are written by the different disciples of Christ. Actually there are TONS of detailed, written documents about the life and times of Christ. But I haven't heard of direct, proven physical evidence. I think the persecution of Christians by the Romans could explain the lack of evidence though, since they were basically trying to eradicate Christianity because they saw it as a challenge to
And from what i remember of my religious studies (which aren't that much), Christianity became a worldwide religion only after a few centuries, and and actually became
---Sid
I'm not sure about Islam or Hinduism, but one thing that amazes me about Christianity is that although the events surrounding Jesus Christ occurred only 2000 years ago, not ONE piece of physical evidence actually exists that can be conclusively and directly linked to Christ (through carbon dating, engravings, etc.). Even though I'm part Catholic, I always keep an open mind about this stuff, and again, its possible that the miracles, resurrection, etc. are really myths that have grown and grown over the ages.
No Church, mosque or temple is going to allow evidence that raises doubts about the divinity of their religions to remain. But having said that, its possible that all these central characters of the different religions were indeed Gods. What i find stupid is that each of them end up being such vastly different gods whose followers have ended up dividing the world.
For all the belief in religion around the world, nobody can ever explain why theres an Allah, Ram AND Christ, and not just one of them. My personal opinion - religion with its rules is something man came up with. All you really need is spirituality, and you can only find that within yourself.
---Nigga
On
Arpit,
I think logicaly, according to human intelligence, it makes sense to think that Ram and
I think being from
Ramayan, is written so accuaretly and precisly (Dates, Nakshtra, Star position, Places, geogrophical accuaracy) that I think first of all it doesnt make sense for somebody to write a story so accurately and then I think to have that kind of accuracy somebody probably needs to be from that era or period when these things were happening.
Again getting back to the point, is there any indian findings which agrees to the date given by the vedas. Do you know if somebody has given logical explaination to the date given by our vedas.
Jai Hanuman, Jai Shri Ram,
BABA
----- Original Message -----
From: Sid Nileshwar
To:
Sent:
Subject: Re: [desibabbans] Re: Timeline according to Hinduism....
2nd and 3rd standard! NO WONDER YOU'RE SUCH A FANATICAL SUPPORTER OF THE HINDUTVA AGENDA! :-)
I like your point about how Ram and
Having said that, I've read some very interesting theories on how the great civilizations of the ancient world were so advanced culturally, technologically and socially and how there are many clues that they were actually led by great kings/gods who might have been extra-terrestrial beings. As crazy as it sounds, it would explain a lot of ancient mythological and historical texts which talk about all those civilizations from around the world.
---Nigga
On
I read the first mail. Mail itself has some contradictory timeline. That timeline is the common belief of most of the scholars though I believe if you take out the contradictions.
2nd timeline is what hindu mythology states. All the purans and vedas etc.
Personally, I believe the first timeline. I believe that its possible that Ram and
If u follow Valmiki Ramayan and Tulsi Ramayan (Ramcharitmanas), u wud see lot of differences between two. The reason being is that Valmiki was a contemporary of "King Ram" and described his as King. Tulsidas was a devotee to "Lord Ram" and described him as such. Unfortunately, Tulsi's version is more popular in hindus that has an element of God. Obviously, Valmiki Ramayan also has elements that make it spicy to read :-)
Whatever is truth, both Ramayan and MahaBharat are gr8 epics for their literature value alone. Also, in case you guys get a chance, read the Ramayan authored by Morari Bapu as well. Ramayan mixed with short stories, remains my most favorite book till date :-). I think that I had read it all by the time I was in 2nd or 3rd :-), no kidding.
Har Har Mahadev, Jai Sri Ram
Arpit
On
Can be. I mean the Brahma Vishnu Mahesh basically are ansh of the one. So what arpit is saying can be correct. But thats too far off our understanding .. the closer thing which we can understand or try to understand, is that when exactly Mahabarata and Ramayana happened .. Though the second email sent by me makes more sense saying that Dwaparyug was long back when Mahabharata was supposed to happened ... including the sandhi kal .. Because if it is according to first email .. then the thing is of very recent origin ... But then again whats the logic or dwarka remains found .. is that just a story ... and then that
Anyways ..Sid just think of it man .. ppl can find it amazing as well as funny(aethist) that Bhrama can create the all the yugs together for 2016 times in one day .... long long day for him ... I think .. not sure though read it some where that .. Bhagwad geeta says that there are 4,320,000 yrs in complete mahayug.
anyways
----- Original Message -----
From: Arpit Baldeva
Sent:
Subject: Re: [desibabbans] Re: Timeline according to Hinduism....
Havn't read evrything in detail so wont comment on anything yet.
But FYI, Bramha is a post, not god per se. I mean he is one of 3 main gods but its a post that gets occupied frm time to time (same like Indra) by different ppl. Thats what mythology says. The time is literally infinite for mortals like us though :-).
cheers
Arpit
On
I haven't looked at it in detail, but I have 2 immediate question..
This says Life of Brahma = 311.04 trillion years. Does it say anything as to what happens AFTER that?? And Brahma is a God naa...how can he have a finite life???
And second, according to the calculation at the end about the year and all..I calculated it and it comes out to about 2.17 billion years on this scale. Estimated age of the earth is 4 billion years, and the univers 8-12 billion years. What age is this calculation referring to??
Very very interesting though. A little confusing, but I gotta read this in greater detail when I get the time. Where'd you find this?
---Nigga
On
| I was wondering which of the two timelines are correct ... or I m getting a little confused ... Anyways till now i had heard about both of them .. so tried doing some research on it .. . Anybody has a clearer picture of it Brahama's Day | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| *The number of years in the Yugas vary in different sources. But the total of all the Yugas (MahaYuga) comes to 4,320,000 years in each account. | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
| | ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
On
Antiquity if the Indian Civilization – some firsts in science and mathematics
Origin of the Universe according to Hinduism:
theories -
* Concept of multiple universes – One BraHma per universe (creator)
* Originally the vedas were dictated to the first man, Manu, by the Sun-God
Concept of Time:
shortest – Time taken by light to travel one paramanu (= 3anu, smallest indivisible matter)
longest – Yuga (4) comprise a Mahayuga à ONE day in the life of BraHma (Lifetime of BraHma à 100 years)
Timeline :
10,000 BC: According to Dr. B.G. Siddharth of Birla Institute of Science:
Taittiriya Brahmana 3.1.2 refers to Purvabhadrapada constellation's rising due east – a phenomenon occurring at this time
7000 BC: Early evidence of horses in the
6500 BC: Rig Veda verses (1.117.22, 1.116.12, 1.84.13.5, etc) say winter solstice begins in Aries indicating the antiquity of this section of the vedas.
6000 BC: Rig Veda describes Rajasthan (western
5000 BC: Saraswati Civilization (also known as Mohenjodaro-Harappan civilization, but dated to be much later by 19th, early 20th, century European scholars) begins. Current date is derived by considering archeological sites, reached after excavating 45 feet. This mature culture will last for nearly 3000 years, ending around 1700 BC.
4300 BC: Traditional date set for the Ramayana.
3928 BC: According to Dr. Sri P.C. Sengupta, this is the earliest reference to an eclipse in Indian history.
3139 BC: Preferred date for the Mahabharata. Based on extensive work done by B.G. Tilak. Reference to vernal equinox in Rohini (middle of Taurus).
3102 BC: Beginning of the Kaliyuga.
3100 BC: Aryans inhabit
Current archeological digs, satellite imagery, modern techniques have yielded sufficient evidence to cast a serious doubt over the widely held invasion theory.
2600 BC: Major portions of the Vedic hymns are composed.
ca 2040 BC: Birth of Lord Rama according to most scholars
1900 BC: Saraswati river dries up, shifting the civilization more inland.
1500 BC: Submergence of the stone city of
This is a possible date of the lifetime of Lord Krishna.
1424 BC: Mahabharata war occurs (dated by Sage Vyasa's citation in his epic poem on the war of winter solstice at Dhanishtha, which occurs around this time).
1300 BC: Panini systemizes Sanskrit grammar in 4,000 rules (in a book called Ashtadhyayi). Western scholars give the date as 400 BC.
850 BC: The Chinese are using the 28-nakshatra (constellation) zodiac called Shiu, adapted from the Hindu jyotisha system.
800 BC: Later Upanishads are recorded
273 BC: Ashoka, the last of the great Mauriyan kings, is coronated.
No comments:
Post a Comment